Saturday, July 2, 2011

An Open Mind article

While reading the article I thought immediately on the importance of having Internet in these days. Actually, some years ago to have it was not something for everybody, at least in our country. However, now everybody has realized the relevance of having Internet connection since you can find on it anything you need. That is one of the reasons why Internet has become a necessary tool for learning at schools. Nevertheless, the thing that worries me most is to think about how machines, in this case computers, can replace the job of teachers inside the classrooms and I was wondering if students would like to go to school to learn if they have free lessons, pieces of information, news, activities to practice anything you want, among other things online… Maybe since the point of view of student I would like to stay at home and learn through a webpage. However, I think that teachers are necessary, if not, I haven’t study this, I agree on that O.E.R is an effective way to improve education as Victor Vuchic said.
Meanwhile, when I read this: “Everyone is in one way or another doing O.E.R. today” I remember last year when we were asked to create blog’s accounts to share our experiences as students-teachers at schools and to share our strategies to be “good teachers”. And also, for instance, how videos published on YouTube have been very useful for us to find tools to apply in our classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment